New book: Hands-on with Delphi: FNC Maps is ready for order
Do you need mapping solutions in your Delphi or Lazarus applications?
You need to support one or more services likes Google Maps, TomTom, MapBox, Microsoft Azure Maps, Microsoft Bing, or OpenLayers? TMS FNC Maps might just be the solution you need. And the best part is that you can use FNC controls in the VCL, FireMonkey, Lazarus, and the Web and deploy to any supported platform. The next part in the book series “Hands-on with Delphi” is completely dedicated to real-world programming solutions for mapping and other geographic services as geocoding, geolocation, and routing with turn-by-turn instructions.
The book will cover in detail:
- Get to know the FNC framework, FNC Core, and FNC Maps in a nutshell.
- Learn about FNC Maps in detail: You will find dozens of hands-on examples from installation to modern multi-tier applications with large databases, web services, web, and desktop clients.
- Annotate maps and visualize data using markers with clustering, lines, shapes, pop-up windows and routes.
- Build applications that can handle any geographical data and interact with other Geographic Information Services (GIS). Load GPX tracks from GPS devices, GeoJSON shapes, and Google Earth-specific KML layers.
- Include other mapping services to get directions with turn-by-turn instructions, to geocode addresses, and to determine your geolocation.
- Create reports with a customizable template based on data from maps and databases.
- Allow users to freely customize maps using events or interactive markers and shapes.
Examples make use of:
- TMS FlexCel,
- TMS FNC Core,
- TMS VCL UI Pack,
- TMS WEB Core,
- TMS Cryptography Pack, and
- TMS XData.
Embarcadero Delphi Sydney 10.4 or newer suggested. Trial versions and free developer accounts of service providers suffice to run the examples. SQLite database examples are ready for use without server setup. Basics for reporting, web, and XData explained in “TMS WEB Core: Web Application Development with Delphi” and previous Hands-On titles are not included again but referenced.
Here is the complete table of contents for download in PDF format:
How to order?
The following application (written in TMS WEB Core, of course) navigates to the order page for the book after you select your nearest Amazon store. The newest book is selected by default, but you may use it to navigate to any of the other order pages as well:
Screenshots from various example applications
…and dozens more!