Delphi 10.4 Hands-on: Connecting to SQLite with FireDAC and visualize on a Google map
I am working hard on my next book in the Hands-On series which will be about TMS FNC Maps. While writing, I noticed a data set on Kaggle that contains information on all reported traffic accidents in the United States since 2016 (https://www.kaggle.com/sobhanmoosavi/us-accidents). I imported the data into a SQLite database and implemented an app that visualizes the reports of a day.
The hands-on video shows you how to build this application in great detail. For that reason the video is over 1 hour long. Here’s a few key aspects I will talk about:
- Introduction to database and fields
- Adding indexes for performance
- Introduction to FireDAC connections with FireDAC explorer
- Specific SQLite related topics are discussed
- Using queries with macros and parameters
- Adding properties for query values
- Providing a combo box with direct binding to the database
- Creating coordinates and bounds
- Visualization using markers and clusters
- Adding rectangles
- Focusing on specific areas of the map
If you like the “Hands-On” style, please have a look at book 1 of the series which is available on Amazon worldwide (e.g. US, UK, DE).