VCL Hands-On! Introducing the National Weather Service Web Service demo
In the last few weeks, I explained features of several VCL components using a hands-on example that extracts forecast information for a location in the United States from the National Weather Service API.
Apart from the videos, the full source code is no available for free on GitHub: https://github.com/holgerflick/NationalWeatherServiceExample
I also produced an introductory video for the demo and the video series that is still to be published by TMS early next week.
Here’s a few screenshots showing the functionality that you will learn to build:
- Select a location from a map, determine longitude and latitude
- Request data from a web service using the Embarcadero REST API
- Build modern grids with image content delivered as a URL from a web service
- Format textual information using TAdvMemo
- Link your grids to charts using TAdvChart and TAdvChartLink
- Draw a polygon on a map with coordinates retrieved from the web service